Gwenpool (2025) #1 Pre-Review

It won't be out until May, but I already want to tear it apart, so I will do what I did when that Spider-Man cartoon show came out and review it without reading it. 

It seems like the guys at Marvel read my recent review of ASM 26 and thought that I needed to suffer just a little bit more. 

Gwen Stacy is back from the dead and she's now a crazy psycho that goes by the name of... Gwenpool.

I'm gonna be brutally honest when I say that I have a little bit of hope for this series, I mean, it's being written by the same guy that brought us Zombiotes... Here's the thing, Zeb Wells is also a great writer, but he brought us over 50 issues of garbage. I don't think it's the writer's fault; I think it's the editorial team's fault. What is going on at Marvel HQ that only exclusively affects Spider-Office* books? Only the best detectives can figure that out.

I woke up one morning to the news of a new Gwenpool title, I was really giddy because I was young and naive at the time last month. At school, I decided to open Twitter and looked at the current news, I weeped in the middle of the class.

So, let's NOT have a look at what the Spider-Office did to Gwenpool. The worst thing to happen to her since that other fucking series. This is Gwenpool #1 by Cavan Scott and Stefano Nesi. 

This is the cover, by Chad Hardin. The artwork is nice, it's well drawn, and the scene depicted is kinda badass, what ruins it is that there is a walking corpse in a purple costume front and center. Look, they placed her claw things near her middle finger, she's flipping us off with a big sharp metal claw, this is horrible already.

Believe it or not, the comic is not out yet in Mexico (or anywhere, for that matter). I don't even know if it WILL come out in Mexico, so the best I can do for this is review the premise.

Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy was a sweet young girl that eventually died. What's this? She was brought back... And she's now going around as Deadpool killing a bunch of people! SOMEBODY MUST STOP HER! But first, we need to hear what Spider-Man thinks about this. He's currently trying to process this information, but it's gonna be hard to swallow. Luckily, Gwendolyn Poole (Not related to famous cricket player Andrew Poole) is there for emotional support and so they can find out who the fuck revived Gwen Stacy. It sounds... Actually, kinda fun on paper, but the execution is all that matters here, and since this is a book made by the spider-office, we're fucked. 

This isn't gonna be the Spider-Man from the comics that I know, this will be the Spider-Man from the Moxy Früvous song. This isn't gonna be the Gwenpool that all the Gwenrotters** know and appreciate for some unknown reason, this is probably the Gwenpool from that one comic I would like to forget.

Y'know, it's probably not gonna be the worst comic book of all time, but I'm still giving it 1/10 because I feel just as insulted and offended as the time I read ASM 26***...

Oh, I saw the solicits for issues 2 and 3, I'll talk about them later.

*Marvel has different offices for their titles, Marvel Heroes office (Avengers, Iron Man, other stuff), X-Office (What do you think?), MondoMarvel (Pretty sure it's Hulk and Ultimate Universe titles... Though, I've heard they moved the hulk offices to the Spidey office and moved the Ultimate titles to their own separate offices.), and Spider-Office (Venom, Spider-Man, apparently Gwenpool)

**Twitter community with Gwenpool fans.

***The worst book of all time, look for the review on this site.

Comments

Popular!!!!

Reviewing things I haven't seen!

What If: Intro to MC2 and RLD

The Lowest Point In Modern Spider-Man Comics.