Fuck you, fucking piece of shit.

 GWENPOOL 5. BY CAVAN SCOTT AND STEFANO NESI.

I couldn't leave the series unfinished, could I? Let's take a look at this shit. 

The cover looks like shit. That's it. There was no variant to review.

Gwenpool (Stacy) or whatever her stupid name was is telling that one guy with the red X on his face that everyone is dead... I don't recall Kate Bishop dying but I don't like remembering this series.

Whatever, Gwen (Stacy) and the red X dude start fighting until... Get this... 

CYBORG GWENPOOL SHOWS UP. If this were any other comic, I'd be laughing... No, just kidding, I'd still be pretty fucking confused.

And then Spider-Man shows up... Why isn't he a cyborg? 

And Kate Bishop also shows up. And Jeff. 

And then- and then, the X guy is unmasked to reveal... Cavan Scott. Woooooow.

How creative, Cavan, write yourself saying how much you hated writing the series... You didn't have to write it like this. Whatever, Cavan hurts Gwen's feefees and then everyone kicks Cavan's ass and the comic ends. Everyone lived and Gwenpool is now a cyborg. 

This is pretty underwhelming, not just the issue, but the entire series.

This didn't need to happen, but it did, and there's people out there that actually like this crap. 

Let's see what the other finales for these Gwenpool series had... Hmm...

Issue 25, from 2018 had Gwen trying to make the best of her last few pages, while also realizing that she had made an impact in the world, a very charming tale and kind of existential, yet beautifully written and illustrated.

Issue 5 of Gwenpool Strikes Back had Gwen retcon herself into a new life, while also telling us that even though the series wasn't the best, she hoped we still had fun... And for all that I call this series stupid and bad and other stuff, I still had a blast reading this finale, it was pretty emotional and still kind of funny...

What does this one have? "Oh yeah they're all alive and also the writer is a villain and Gwen is a Cyborg now" 

Did Cavan even consider something that the fans actually liked? Why do... All of THIS!? Why even kill Gwenpool in her own fucking series so that Spider-Man can take the spotlight? Does Spider-Man not have enough fucking series? Hell, we just had him meet his own writer in an Infinity Comic! There is no emotion here, just "Oh fuck, I have to squeeze a 7 issue storyline in 5 issues... Uh, just have the heroes come back to life and beat up the bad guy". 1/10.

Nothing against anyone involved in the comic, it's not them I'm against, it's the fucking piece of shit they made.


Footnotes: 

- Kate Bishop went on to do... Nothing, this comic came out today.

- Spider-Man is in space, and the Spideys on earth are Ben Reilly and [SPOILER]

- Gwen Stacy [CLONE] is alive... Uh-huh... Why? Isn't there already a living corpse Gwen Stacy roaming around?


I leave you this quote from my mom, taken from the very first time she saw Gwenpool...

"Is Marvel making anime girls now???" - my mum.

Comments

Popular!!!!

Reviewing things I haven't seen!

What If: Intro to MC2 and RLD

The Lowest Point In Modern Spider-Man Comics.