It doesn't get much better.

This is part 3 of Gwenpool. By Cavan Scott and Stefano Nesi.

This is the cover by Karen S. Darboe. Look at Gwen Stacy, she looks absolutely majestic, wow, makes me wish women were real. Oh, and there's Gwen (Poole) acting like she got lost or something. I really want this cover as a poster and I would love to have it framed so I can put it up on the wall and falsely claim I painted it, visitors will be so shocked!

Last time, A bunch of shit happened, but Gwen killed Gwen, and this is the aftermath.

The comic begins with Gwenpool's funeral, but I am noticing a lack of loved ones or even characters that were her FRIENDS? You know, the ones from the other series that were cool and good? Where's Batroc, Mega Tony and the others? Where's Julie Power? WHERE. THE. FUCK. IS. TEDDY? Did none of them get the memo? Why have the funeral happen RIGHT AFTER SHE DIED? Most funerals wait until every friend and relative knows and then they happen 2 days later or something.

Peter is moping because apparently, in some comic I missed, Gwenpool and Spider-Man were friends... Here's all of their interactions:

- Unbelievable Gwenpool #25: ONE page, where Peter exchanges small talk.

- Gwenpool Strikes Back #1: Gwen unmasks Peter or something, I didn't bother re-reading this one.

And that's it, Peter never shows up again in any Gwenpool comic and Gwen never shows up in Spider-Man's, so how the fuck do they know each other? There's practically no reason for Peter to cry or even reason for him to be in the series other than "My dead girlfriend is now an evil assassin". 

Speaking of the corpse, she is also moping, she says she's sowwy and that she didn't mean to kill her... Sure, bitch, that will hold up in court. 

Say, does this version of Gwen act like she did back in ASM? Well, during ASM, she was pretty much just the girl spider-man needs to save (which ended well) and then she is mad at him because she thinks he killed her father, this one is... Eh, she's no longer as innocent as she was in those days.

I'd love to keep going but the comic is not actually out yet as of June 19, yes, I am writing this based off the previews. 

In the meantime, here's fun facts about Gwen Stacy:

First of all, she's apparently really really racist because ONE person on Twitter shared a page where Gwen teamed up with a white supremacist... That being said, Gwen didn't even know that was a white supremacist until much later, and she was pretty naive and at the time, she was also still traumatized by the recent death of her father.

The second fun fact is about how Twitter is full of illiterate pricks. I mean, I don't see them calling Spider-Man a nonce or a wife-beater for moments that happened over 20 years ago (as seen in ASM 14, 1999 and that one comic where he punched a preggo MJ).

The comic is out.

The three stooges (and Jeff) start fighting at the fucking cemetery, c'mon guys, at least go to the park or the mall or a rooftop or something. And after that, Kate starts having some weird seizure and it turns out that she is possessed by the ghost of Gwen Poole... C'mon guys, there's no such thing as ghosts, don't be ridiculous, Cavan. 

And then ghost Gwen possesses Spider-Man, which causes him to go into another fucking flashback of his teenage years, do you know how often that fucking happens? Hell, I just recently looked at a comic full of flashbacks, don't you think that's a bit of a tired concept? Well, it turns out that this isn't exactly a flashback, but instead, a look into Peter's consciousness.

Whatever, Gwen Poole has taken over Spider-Man, who just so happened to have his black suit ready! He just has it ready every time someone dies in front of him, apparently... 

I gotta ask, how does this story fit into the continuity of Earth-616? There IS a Spider-Man series going on, there's MULTIPLE! How does that work? 

After all the joking and the bastardization that I call a synopsis, what do I think of this book? Well, there's good action, it's funny at times, and I feel like the artwork could've been a little bit better, maybe with some different coloring? I say this series is looking up already, so I'll give it a 6/10. I think I was supposed to feel shocked or something by the appearance of ghost Gwen, but it doesn't work if you don't have a fucking surprise, c'mon, it's in the solicits, it's in the previews and most importantly, it's on the fucking cover. I can't act shocked if you don't hide it from me, little lesson for next time, I already fucking knew this was gonna happen and I know Spider-Man dies in the next issue because it's in the cover.

What I see is insanity, whatever happened to humanity? Whatever happened to humanity? Whatever happened to humanity?

Comments

Popular!!!!

What If: Intro to MC2 and RLD

Reviewing things I haven't seen!

The Lowest Point In Modern Spider-Man Comics.